Friday 19 August 2016

[180816] Kim Junho Interview



http://goonggeumhani.tumblr.com/post/149160840517/180816-kim-junho-interview

1N2D has reached its peak again. What’s the secret to the show finding its popularity again?“The teamwork is good. When it first started, I went in as Kim Junhyun’s substitute, so I thought I was only going to do 1-2 episodes and was just blank. If you watch the first episode, it’ll show that I didn’t do anything. A few months in, the members got really close and it started to feel that things would turn out well. In particular, Taehyunie does a lot of skinship. He made a family-like atmosphere. His wife takes care of us a lot too. Defconn, Jung Joonyoung, Jongminie and I all live alone. Every holiday, she makes each of us a serving of oxtail soup to eat. We swear a lot in private. Guys have to be like that to get close. I think that’s the biggest secret to the show doing well.”
How did you get your character?“My nickname is Yaps - it was originally from Steve Yaps. But they kept on calling me ‘Devious Trash’. My mom hated it, saying “What kind of celebrity’s nickname is trash” (laugh). But since I was young, I played games a bit hatefully. In golf or billiards, I’d play a lot of tricks, so there was a lot of times when the opposition got angry. I think my real personality reflects it. I emphasize it a bit too since I think it’d be funny.”
Do you feel any burden of being in charge of the comedy?“For worries about airtime, it’s Concerned Pig Defconn that does it a lot. I don’t worry much. I just let it all go. But if the PD is worried that there’s not a lot of footage, everyone starts doing something, no matter what it is. I take off my clothes or pull Jongminie’s hair.”
The most memorable episode of guest?“Of course it’s Han Hyojoo-sshi. How could you take an actress’s legs and make a wheel barrel. Didn’t I stretch her legs and say her chicken stew tasted bad. But it really tasted bad. I can’t lie.”
Did the atmosphere on set ever get unintentionally cold?“In a Yoo Jaesuk-Park Myungsoo couple, I’m Park Myungsoo. If I go strong, then another angel member will protect and balance things out. Han Hyojoo-sshi really enjoyed it too.”
Just like how Mudo and Running Man has Yoo Jaesuk as their centre, who’s 1N2D’s centre right now?“It might even be that Season 3 is doing well because we don’t have a ‘strong’ member. At first, Defconn tried to be a bit of a Momentary MC, but the comments said to not butt in. Defconn suddenly talked less with that. He’s sensitive to comments. But the atmosphere was good being like that. The viewers must find it fun to see us take turns leading the charge.”
How are the members in your viewpoint?“Jung Joonyoung is really a ddorai. Defconn only thinks about the broadcast and studies that. Taehyunie feels like the mom. Jongminie has a bit of an uncle aura. I think I’m the dad, but everyone calls me the baby. Donggu is really a character that variety shows don’t have. He’s positive and works hard on whatever it is. If it’s not played right, it can be boring. The members were a bit befuddled at first because of how he’s always so full of energy. But of course, we match well now.”
How would you compare Yoo Hojin PD and Yoo Ilyong PD?“They’re both capable. Yoo Hojin PD has great planning. It’s not normal to be able to think of fun games in limited space and short time. The different thing about Yoo Ilyong PD is that he has no flexibility at all. In the past, if we starve for a long time, we’d get to eat something even if it’s just a bit, but the new PD says, “This is real, so that definitely can’t happen”. At first, the six of us were like, “What is he”. It’s gotten a bit harder. Look up the segment where we kept on singing in the scorching sun in Chungdo. I’m worried for winter.”
How much does Yoo Hojin PD participate in the show?“I’m not sure. As a member, I don’t know well. It doesn’t seem like he does one exact thing. I know that he totally went up the ranks(?). He didn’t leave, but he didn’t not leave - is it a half leave (laugh)? Sometimes he comes to the set. It seems like he’s planning some sort of big picture.”
You’re the top three variety shows of the nation along with Mudo and Running Man. Do you feel any competitiveness with the other shows?“I’m close with Jaesukie Hyung, and Taehyunie is close with Jongkook, so there doesn’t really seem to be any competitiveness within the members. Running Man was a big part in the Hallyu Wave, but their ratings are low right now (laugh). Ah, sometimes the member talk amongst themselves about how it’s be fun to do a broadcast with the Running Man members. Give Cha Taehyun, get Kim Jongkook. Kim Junho goes, Yoo Jaesuk comes. Switching the members like this. Park Insuk PD, who left 1N2D for Slam Dunk, has talked about this too. “Let’s film with the 1N2D and Slam Dunk members and air half each”. But who will be the bigger share, who will get to air more of the funny parts - these kinds of worries come up. Matching up the members’ schedules and in the viewpoint of the broadcast station too - it’s not easy. Would an internet broadcast be possible?”
  • [+4942, -110] Unlimited support for a Mudo+1N2D collab
  • [+3735, -56] If they really do a collab, it’d be fun in a fresh way. They’d knock down invisible walls too
  • [+2587, -72] Kim Jongmin Kim Jongkook Cha Taehyun Trio
  • [+2048, -40] It won’t be easy, but I want to see it
  • [+2037, -46] “It really didn’t taste good though” ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㄴㅋㄴㄴㄴㄴㄴ
  • [+268, -10] The viewers and netizens want it, but the stations won’t do it ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
  • [+220, -8] If they do a collab, it’d become a big issue, so the stations should profit too. I want to see it once
  • [+212, -17] Mudo’s Kim Taeho PD and 1N2D’s Na Youngseok PD proposed a collab, but the stations broke that up. And 1N2D and Running Man even air at the same time..
  • [+148, -10] It’d probably be fun if Kim Jongkook and Cha Taehyun did a trade just them…. In 1N2D, they eat ramyun or weird things…. Just try imagining Kim Jongkook, who’s the end-all-be-all of self management, doing that~ The members would try anything to get him to eat… But Kim Jongkook won’t open his mouth through the very end~~~ It’d be a lot of fun with just that….ㅋㅋㅋ
  • [+147, -10] This is my first time reading anyone’s interview from start to finish ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
  • [+102, -2] It’s be fun too if they’d film and aired it after editing it separately… Same filming, different editing ㅋㅋ
  • [+103, -4] I wish that Mudo, 1N2D and Running Man would film something, anything together ㅋㅋ It’d be hard, but I imagine it sometimes… ㅋ

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...